Monday, March 24, 2014

Such a great week!


Hey there everyone!!! First off, my spell-check isn't on, so I'm sorry if my spelling is horrible!
Anyways, this week was so great!!! We have TWO new investigators! We aren't alowed to say their names because of privacy issues, but they're fantastic!!!
One of them, we were teaching him yesterday and we were teaching about the restoration of the gospel, and we were explaing what the holy ghost feels like, and as soon as we explained it, he said he could feel a warm breeze (we were outside) and a chill went up his arms! SO COOL! Totally the spirit working with him!
I'm feeling more comfortable talking with people, so that's great! We're so busy, but it's so great! I'm still loving being a missionary and being in California!
This week we taught a lot of members, the stake presidentcy has a lesson that we teach all the members, so that's pretty cool.. It's hard to explain, but just know it's awesome! So I've been getting to know a lot of people! It's so great!! I think I got that from you Dad, the always talking! Haha, people ask me how long I've been out, and are shocked when they find out how new I am! I love it! It makes me feel good inside ;)

I ate at in an out this week!! But, I was pretty dissapointed! It was good, but not as good as everyone said it would be :P

I swear, everytime I get on here I forget what I've been needing to tell y'all!!
The struggle man!!
Sister Taylor and I still get along great!!! We've actually been getting to bed somewhat on time this week!!! Such a blessing!!! I love sleep so much!!
This week we've really grown closer together, she's such a humble person! We can relate to many of the same things, so we're really close! I don't know what I'm gonna do when she's not my companion anymore!! D:

Yesterday we taught a little boy, M. He's about 8-9ish, so he reminded me of my primary kids back home! I forgot how much I love teaching kids! They're just so sweet and innocent, I just love them!
We taught him at our stake presidents house, so that was a little bit intimidating, but was still pretty legit!

This ward (church congregation) is super legit!! They feed us amazing food every night! It's great, but I'm gaining so much weight D: It's no bueno!!

I love teaching out here so much! We have one investigator that should be getting baptized this month, along with her son! So that's super exciting! I love seeing people change out here, they change in such a spiritual way that it's very humbling to me! I'm so thankful that God has provided a way for us to live with him again! I know that this gospel blesses me so much! And I'm so thankful be able to bring this joy that I have to the people out here! I know I say it all the time, but I'm SO blessed!!

So funny moment of the week!! Sister Taylor and I had just woken up and for whatever reason we were talking about bathrooms! Weird, I know.
But we were talking about them and all the suden, Sister Taylor goes "You know, in a way, bathrooms are kinda sacred" And me being me I said "I KNOW RIGHT??? -pause-.... Wait.. How so?" And we just started cracking up!!! Mind you it was at 6:30 in the morning so that was probably it.. But it was great!

I'm running out of time, but I'm so thankful for each of y'all!!! I love hearing about all of y'alls experiences! And even just emails saying that y'all are thinkinf of me! I have so much support when others don't and I'm so very thankful for each of y'all!!

I love it so much out here and I KNOW that this is where God wants me to be!!! We have about 14 appointments to teach people this week, and it's such a blessing! I'm so thankful to be a missionary!
Teaching out here is the coolest thing ever! I wish I could tell y'all more, but the privacy issues are pretty lame out here :P But you gotta respect that!!

Anyways, I sure do love each of y'all!!! I'll try to write more exciting things next week though!!!

Love y'all!!!!

Love, Lyndy

PS! I bought ice cream from an ice cream truck for the first time ever!!! It was delicious! I think coldstone got me addicted to ice cream though.. I still eat it like every day! Hahaha

Love y'all!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment