Sunday, September 14, 2014

August 18, 2014

Holy week of excitement! This week was wonderful! In reality,  there were only about three exciting things that happened this week. BUT STILL. Super duper awesome!!!

But first off, to all those who were involved with the one letter a day thingy I received in the mail.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being able to have encouragement everyday for y'all back home has been such a blessing! One day I will get back to those that wrote me! So just you wait! So thank you!! 

On Tuesday Sister Ellis and I went knocking on doors looking for people to teach. And guess what! We knocked on a mans door that asked us a bunch of questions, and set up an appointment for us to come back on Friday. So we being the awesome missionaries that we are went back! We brought our ward mission leader with us, and went to see him! 
In the lesson, it was very obvious that this man just wanted to bible bash us. Sad right? Well, in this lesson, he told us how wrong we are, and how blind we are. Plus a number of other very negative things towards us. 
So what do you do in that situation? Bare testimony of course! This man did NOT want us to speak at all. I had to raise my hand in order to talk, and when I did, I only spoke for MAYBE 10 seconds. In those 10 seconds, I bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, and how I KNOW with EVERY peace of my heart and EVERY fiber of my being that the Book of Mormon is true. I don't know if I've ever felt the spirit so strong in a lesson. 
He cut me off in the middle of my testimony and told me how wrong I was, and how I can't "know" if something is true.  He was truly attacking my faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ. But Sister Ellis and I stayed true to what we know to be true, we were very polite, and left before things got too out of hand. 
But I can honestly say that it was one of the most powerful moments on my mission! 
In the lesson, I learned a few things. 
1st. GOD LOVES HIS CHILDREN!!!!! No matter what faith. No matter what color. No matter what. WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD. Simple as that. 
2nd. I KNOW that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same church that Jesus Christ established when he was once upon the earth.  It has been restored through a prophet of God. And I KNOW that it is true, if I didn't have a testimony of that, I wouldn't be out here.  
3rd. I gained such a desire for everyone to come closer to Christ. Obviously we can't force anyone to accept our message, we can't force it down their throat or tie them up and make them accept it, one that wouldn't be right, and two that's just not the way it happens. BUT, in the lesson I could feel how much God loves his children, and how much he desires for each of us to come unto Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. 

You don't need a lesson with a Bible basher to know that God loves each of us. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. Never forget that, okay?  So needless to say, it was a wonderful experience meeting with this man. 

So guess what else happened this week!!! WE HAVE AN INVESTIGATOR!!!!!!!!!! We officially got to meet with Dawn, and we committed her to baptism!! So pray that all will work out!! She's scheduled for September 13th. So, we sure are praying! 
It was pretty awesome, we were in our lesson with her, and asked her to pray about the Book of Mormon, and she proceeded to tell us that she's already been reading from the Book of Mormon, and has prayed about it and knows that it's true!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH! Dawn is such a wonderful person, and I'm SO excited to be able to teach her! God truly loves his children! 

The next exciting thing that happened! It's not as exciting I guess.. But still pretty legit. 
This morning a bunch of us missionaries woke up at 4am and went on a hike! Everyone called it a hike, but I'm pretty sure it was more of rock climbing. It was SO much fun!! I was dying, but it was great! We got to see the sunrise a little bit, and I got to scrape my hands up a ton! So now my hands have several cuts.. Oops.. BUT it was so great! We were climbing through rocks, and pulling and pushing one another up. I'm still exhausted from it, and can already feel how sore I'm going to be tomorrow. But it was SO worth it! The view was GORGEOUS and it was just simply fun.  Just pray that I can walk tomorrow! Hahaha, but for real. It was great!! 

As for the funny moment this week, on Tuesday we didn't have a car at all, we share our car with the Elders in the another area that's nearby, so it was getting late and nobody was out so we decided to start waking to the Elders apartments to pick up our car, which the Elders live in an area called "Felony flats".. It's a little sketchy, but not bad... ANYWAYS. We're walking through felony flats, when a member of our congregation pulls up and yells at us to get in her car. We rushed in thinking that something must be wrong, but she started telling us how we were in such a sketchy area, and how worried it made her to see us walking. It doesn't sound funny, but I promise you it was!  We were so worried that something was wrong, when she told us how worried she was for us! Ha...Ha...Haaaaa.... Yeah............... Welp. 

I am so grateful for SO many things! I see miracles happening everywhere! Thank you for all the support y'all give me! Heavenly Father has been answering so many prayers! But please keep praying!!! 
I love y'all so much!! Have a great week y'all!!! 

Love, 
Sister Bond<3

No comments:

Post a Comment