Sunday, September 14, 2014

August 4, 2014

Hello there!! I never quite know how to start my emails, sometimes I want to jump right into everything.. And others, I just kinda sit here at the computer debating on how to start it.. SO. HI!!!!!! 

Hahaha I crack myself up sometimes.. But this week was great! It seems like we were super busy, but in reality we mostly just did a TON of service!! 

We helped out with a wedding reception, so that was tons of fun! We served food, and cleaned, and helped to set up the decorations! So that was a lot of fun! The bride was gorgeous! I wish I had gotten a picture of her dress because it was simply beautiful! It made me miss pinterest a little bit though! All the wedding things.. BUT, being a missionary is way cooler than spending tooooooooo much time on pinterest.. Anyways, it was a ton of fun! 

We also helped out more at the animal shelter! We did more yard work, but we got to look at all the dogs, so that was a lot of fun! Animals are so much fun! I just love them! 
As we were doing yard work, a dust storm came in.. So here we are, in the middle of moving mulch, and all the dust and wind starts coming in. It was pretty fun, we couldn't see anything because we would get wind in our eyes, so we were pretty much moving blind. Of course we didn't get to finish what we were doing, but it was a pretty fun experience!  

Miracle alert!! We received a referral!! Meaning, someone has possibly found someone for us to teach! Which is a HUGE miracle! Right now, we don't have any investigators, and this means we might have one! 
Anyways. Her name is Dawn, she went to a baptism for her son, and apparently felt the spirit, and wants to learn more! SO HUGE MIRACLE! We're praying that all will work out with her!  But either way, we're pretty excited! 

Also, I've come to realize as I've been out here, that I am extremely awkward. Hahaha, my new nickname is "awkward turkey"... BUT I'm pretty sure it's a good thing, because I'm happy with it, and everyone else just laughs.. But it's a good laugh.. I don't really know why I'm telling y'all this, but it made me laugh this week that I'm super awkward! I just love it! So note to anyone reading this. 
EMBRACE YOUR AWKWARD SELF. 
....That is all.  


Did y'all watch the video I sent you last week? Because I have a new one for you!! 
I just love this video. It reminds me that God hears EVERY prayer. In his own time, but he is there, and he listens! 
It reminds me that God KNOWS me personally. That he CARES for us. 
We don't have to have huge trials to know that God is there for us, but I've seen that during my trials, I've never been alone.  And I KNOW with all my heart that God loves us. That Jesus Christ is our friend, and our brother, he suffered so many things for me personally. And for you personally. No matter what happens in life, we can always turn to our Savior, we will never be alone through our trials, or during our happy times. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is ALWAYS there for us.  
Isn't it just amazing to know that we don't have to be alone? 
I would love if y'all watched this video and wrote me about what your thoughts are. And what stood out to you. 
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001&cid=HPTH073114368 

Funny moments of the week: 
So Sister Ellis and I were talking about how awkward missionaries can be at times.. How sometimes we're almost like stalkers... But not really, because we aren't. Anyways, before I realized what I said, I said "Who needs facebook stalking when you can do REAL stalking?" Hahaha, I don't know about you, but we were DYING. Of course we aren't really stalking people, that would be weird. But it was pretty funny. 

We were also at dinner last night at one of the 15 year old daughters wouldn't stop talking, she was going about a million miles an hour, so her family made a bet that she couldn't stay quiet for 5 minutes. Anyways, she accepted the challenge, and had her hand over her mouth the entire time otherwise she would have started talking! We were all laughing so hard we were crying. It was pretty hilarious!  

I guess looking back, it wasn't thaaaaat funny... But it WAS! Haha, as a missionary, every little thing that's slightly funny is hilarious. It's just awesome! 

Anyways!! I love y'all so much!! But more importantly our Father in Heaven loves y'all!!! Keep up the great work! I'm so proud to have so many wonderful people back home!  

I sure do love y'all! Good luck with school to all those who will be starting this week!!!! 

Love, 
Sister Bond 

No comments:

Post a Comment