Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 8, 2014

Hey there everybody! Sorry I didn't get to write last week! We were supposed to be able to write this past Friday.. But the library was closed so we couldn't.. BUT I'm here now!  It legit feels like forever since I've written, but not a lot has happened.. BUT these past two weeks have been great!!!! 

We've been car sharing with the Elders (boy missionaries) lately, meaning we've been on bike! Biking in a skirt is interesting, but for some reason I LOVE it!! Legit, I want to share our car more so I can bike more! 
The only struggles I've faced with biking in a skirt are: 1. Getting on and off are a little difficult, and 2. When your skirt gets caught in the tire or chain, it's a bit of a struggle. 
But other than that, it's tons of fun!!! We get to talk to more people, I get more exercise, and we get the best looks!! 
I simply love it! 

Dawn has been doing so well!!! She's been coming to church and loving it!! AHH. It makes me so happy to see others happy! It's the greatest! She understands what we teach her very well! I don't really know what else to say about her, other than she's progressing and that I love her!!!! 

We've been working a lot with the members in the area lately, which has been tons of fun! We're getting to know the people here, which means we're building relationships! It's awesome! I LOVE being a missionary, I love meeting people, I love serving people, and I love teaching people about Jesus Christ, and the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us! 
Being a missionary is awesome. It's kinda sad that I only have 12 months left! D: Dun dun dunnnn!!!! 

We have also been receiving training on how do to family history! Did you know that family history is actually super duper cool? Well it is! Check out familysearch.org it's lots of fun and you learn lots of things about your family! Plus it's free!! SO AWESOME! 

We've been doing a lot of service lately as well! More service at the animal shelter ans squash farm, we also helped a lady cook lots of food! I got to cut the meat and everything! I'm learning so many things here, being a missionary is awesome!! 

One of the best things that happened this week was that we got to go to the temple!!!!! AHH!!!!! As missionaries, we can only go to the temple twice a year, so being able to go is such a blessing! 
A temple is a place where we can go to get closer to our Father in Heaven, it's a place of learning, and a place of peace. 
Plus a temple is GORGEOUS. It's truly a house of the Lord! I love the temple, as I was there, I was thinking about how great the plan is that our Heavenly Father has for us. 
He sent us to earth in families, he didn't send us here to be alone and to have a miserable life, he sent us here to learn, to grow, to strengthen others! Some of those others are our families. The greatest part about that, is that we can be with our families for ETERNITY! In the temple, we can be sealed for time and all eternity, that which is bound on earth, can be bound in heaven. (Mathew 18:18)
I know with such a surety that our Heavenly Father LOVES us enough to provide a way for us to be with our families for eternity. 
This is Gods work and his Glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. (Moses 1:39) 
We were sent here on earth to have joy, and having our families, and being strengthened by them is one of the best ways to have joy! 
I love my family, and I love that I can be with them for eternity! I know that God loves us, and that he gives us different family members for a reason. I know that our families don't end after death, but that we truly can be with them for eternity! How great of a plan is that? Men are that they might have JOY! 

So as for the funny moment of the week, we went to go and visit a member of our congregation, and when we got there, her granddaughter was there! And apparently she's James Bond's biggest fan! She went total fan-girl over my last name, she had to take a picture with my name tag and everything! It was pretty hilarious, because I couldn't really say anything, or deny the fact that my last name is AWESOME! Haha, it was great! 

Well everyone! I love y'all so much! I hope that y'all have a great week!! Don't forget to pray, and don't forget to smile! You never know how much a smile can make someones day! Keep being awesome! 
Peace out girl scout!!! 
Love y'all!!!!!!!!


~Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment