Sunday, July 6, 2014

You Know It's A Good Week When...

You know it's a good week when someone makes you some boiled peanuts! Haha, this week was pretty great! It was super slow, but we saw a lot of people! 

So explanation on the boiled peanuts. 
So when I first got here we  were eating dinner at a members home, and I told them about boiled peanuts. They seemed super weirded out , and interested in them. Fast forward to Wednesday! This is the first time we've eaten at the members home since the first time I told them about the boiled peanuts! And guess what! She made some!! So we had boiled peanuts and ice cream for desert! It made my week!!  

Anyways, the rest of the week was good! Ernie got the priesthood!! So that was super duper exciting! 
We saw Ron and Amanda, our investigators, and they're doing great! They've been busy, so it's been hard to see them, but we're having dinner with them tomorrow! Apparently they like to cook fried chicken, so I'm pretty excited about that! I sure miss my southern food sometimes! 
Lupe could use some prayers! It's a really long story with her, but she could really benefit from some prayers! 

I'm also learning a lot on how to take care of a yard! We do so much service, I just love it!! I get burned pretty much everyday, but it's so worth it! We do a lot of planting, so it's pretty fun! 

Are y'all doing anything fun for Independence day? I would love to hear what y'all are doing! 
All the missionaries in Ontario are going to be in the city parade! So I'm pretty excited about that! We'll be carrying the flags of the states! So it's going to be pretty cool seeing all the missionaries walking the streets of Ontario! It's going to be great! I hope I can get some good pictures to send home!

We walked a lot more this week, so we talked to a lot of people! We met a few crazies.. But I just love it! It's so great being a missionary and being able to talk to so many people! 

Funny moment of the week: 
So we were at Ernie's house, and we were saying a closing prayer, and I asked if we could kneel, so as  we're getting on our knees to pray, guess what happens! Ernie pulls a hamstring! So he's yelling very loudly because he's in a lot of pain, and we're just sitting there super awkwardly because he's yelling and swearing, so what do we do? We laugh of course! So we're laughing, so Ernie starts laughing, and says to just say a prayer as he's collapsed on the ground, so I start praying, and he starts yelling while I'm praying. So we stop, and he's still in a lot of pain and can't get off the ground. 
So Sister Cobabe grabs a book for him, and tells him to read on the ground since he can't get up. 
So he does and immediately stops yelling. 
So we leave, and as we're walking to our car, we see his roommate and can't help but wonder what he'll think when he sees Ernie laying on the ground in pain. 

Hahaha, it was pretty hilarious if I say so myself! Of course he was laughing the entire time, so we weren't TOOOOOOO insensitive! It was just one of those awkward moments where you can't help but laugh. It was great!  

Now, something that I've learned this week! 
Sometimes you just see how imperfect you are, you see all your weaknesses, and so many things you just want to improve on. 
But the beauty of trials is that things get better! You CAN improve! We're here on earth to learn and grow! If we couldn't improve, then what would be the point of trials?? We're here to grow, and if we aren't tried every once in a while, we can't grow! 
I'm THANKFUL for my trials because I'm able to grow. When we trust in God, he helps us. If we turn to him, he can make our weaknesses STRENGTHS. We can either take our trials and hide from them, or we can take them and grow from them. 
I don't know about y'all, but I don't want to be the same exact person all my life and never progress, I want to grow, I want to become better. 
Being out here on a mission has really taught me how to be a better person. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father sees my potential, and it's such a blessing to be able to be trusted enough to grow. 


Not a lot else happened this week, but I'm so thankful to have the support of my family, and the support of my friends! I'm so blessed to have so many people that I care so much about!  

Love y'all!! Have a great week!!!

Love, 
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment