Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas y'all!!!! I sure hope y'all have had a great week!!! And also that y'all are staying healthy. There's a bug going around out there.. I think the bug is just the Grinch in disguise before he had a change of heart. So if you catch the bug, be sure to either squish it. Or set it free to the wild, never again to be seen by anyone.

If you couldn't tell, we had a couple of sick days this week, but other than that, this week was wonderful!!!!

We had a miracle this week!!! Marlee, or 10 year old investigator, her Mom gave us permission for Marlee to be baptized!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! But, the sad part is that it wont be until January.. Meaning Sister Orr wont be here for that. BUT shes going to be baptized! Miracle? I THINK YES!
Heavenly Father is just so kind a blesses us so very much.

We weren't able to meet with Phil this week, but we're praying that we can meet with him this next week! :)

This week we had our mission Christmas devotional, also known as our mission Christmas party, so all the missionaries that are serving up the hill (so half of the mission) got together and had a Christmas lunch that was delicious! Then we all went into the Chapel part of the church building, and we had a Christmas message.
After the message we all went into the gym and sang Christmas carols.
We also received some Christmas presents! There are a couple of congregations that got together and made beanie hats for all the missionaries, along with scarves! People are just so kind to us missionaries :)
President and Sister Hobbs also have a Christmas tradition to give their children their favorite box of cereal for Christmas, so they gave us all mini boxes of cereal.
I'm so thankful for having so many people that always give. I'm so blessed and so thankful to have so many wonderful blessings!

We also sang in church yesterday. That was a little bit frightening, but we did it!!! And we sounded good. So I think it was a win win situation!

Something I'm super thankful for this week is the Priesthood. The power and authority to act in Gods name. I have a testimony that God knows me, and knows what I need to hear, and I know that the same authority that Christ had when he was on this earth was restored to the earth today.
And I'm so thankful for that. I'm thankful for the comfort and peace and joy that this gospel brings.
I'm thankful for the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
I'm so thankful for the Love that my Heavenly Father has for me.
I'm so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for everything hes done and continues to do for me.
I love my Savior so very much, and I know that his hand is outstretched to lift me up, and to help me when I have my trials.
I'm so thankful for so many things, and I hope y'all know that! No matter who you are, where you are so whatever it may be. I know that Christ lives and loves us.

As for the funny moment this week, we were at the Christmas devotional and here we are taking our pictures and stuff, when all the sudden, I'm looking at my pictures and I see I have a photo-bomb! Guess who it is? Sister Hobbs. Best mission presidents wife ever? I think yes!
   Another funny moment? We were out tracting this week, and met this one lady that was hung over and started talking about how her head hurt a lot.. Long story short, this is when Sister Orr first started getting sick, and had a bad head ache and stuff.. So we walk away from the house and Sister Orr looks at me and goes "Sister Bond, I think I'm hung over." Which just made me laugh super hard. I don't know what I'm gonna do in a week when the transfer is over and Sister Orr goes home! D:

Speaking of transfers, they're coming up! And at the end of this transfer, I'll only have 5 transfers left. 5 TRANSFERS!!!! WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?! Time goes by fast man! But I sure do love being out here, I'm so thankful to be a missionary :)

Welp, I sure hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas!!! I sure love all y'all!!! Have a great week!!

And for a Christmas present, I shall send you a picture from the Christmas devotional.. Its the one of Sister Hobbs photo-bombing.. I'll probably include another Christmas picture since I'm feeling giving! ;)

Love y'all!!!

Love,
Sister Bond


No comments:

Post a Comment