Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 8, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Just pretend I started singing that to y'all. 
Anyways! Hello everyone! I sure hope y'all had a good week! Ours was good. We had a miracle! 
IT RAINED!!!! Legit, real rain! And it lasted the entire day! Goodness gracious, I was such a happy camper! Well, I wasn't really camping.. But you know what I'm trying to say! 

Last Monday was pretty awesome, after we got done emailing we went to go have dinner  with a family in the ward, and we've been teaching their son, after dinner they asked us to help decorate their Christmas tree! It made me so happy! Plus, several of the decorations are ones that I have at home, or similar, it was very nice! The son that we've been teaching also told us that he makes rings out of quarters. Like, 25 cent quarter. So he told us if we brought him our state quarter he would make me a ring, luckily I didn't have to search too hard for a Georgia quarter because I had one in my wallet! So now I have a ring, made out of a Georgia quarter. Its actually super cool and I'm still super excited about it. Woot woot! 

We also saw Blake and Bella, the kids that got baptized in November that are super adorable, we played football with them in their front yard before the lesson. Yup, I was in my skirt while playing! I've learned that you can do many things in a skirt! And playing football is one of them! 

We didn't get to see Marlee this week, which was a little bit depressing, but we're taking steps for her to be baptized, so that's exciting! We're hoping for the 20th to be her baptism, so pray all goes well!! 

Phil and Tammy are doing well, I'm still trying to master the art of speaking to talkative people. But I'm getting better! Yay! 

We also had our ward Christmas party, which is where we sang the 12 days of Christmas while the Elders acted it out, lets just say it was the funniest thing ever. I have a video of it, but its too big to send, so I guess y'all will have to see it in 81/2 months! But everyone was yelling "encore!" when we finished. Lets just say, I felt pretty good about myself! ;) Haha, but really, it was so much fun!

We did more service this week, we laid more concrete for the path I was telling y'all about last week. So that was still fun. I just love doing service y'all. Its the best thing ever!

Something I'm thankful for this week is hope. I was reading a talk today titled "The Infinite power of hope" by  Dieter F. Uchtdorf, in which he talks about why we need hope, or why we have to have trials, and multiple things alone the line of having trials. But if we knew no sorrow, how can we know joy? We must experience trials to appreciate our blessings. But during these trials, we're never alone.  I have a quote from the talk I want to share with y'all. It says:
    "The things we hope in sustain us during our daily walk. They uphold us through trials, temptations, and sorrow. Everyone has experienced discouragement and difficulty. Indeed, there are times when the darkness may seem unbearable. It is in these times that the divine principles of the restored gospel we hope in can uphold us and carry us until, once again, we walk in the light."   Y'all. I know that God is with us during our trials, that we're never alone. I know that even during the times in life where we feel alone, or feel like there is no hope, that there is indeed hope, that we can have hope and faith in Jesus Christ. I know that we're never alone, and that when we have hope, things may still be hard, BUT our burdens can be made better. Just like it says in Mathew 11:28-30:  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. I know that when we turn to Christ, that he will be there for us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ.

Now, as for the funny moment of the week, it was more of an "awwwww" moment, but I figured it would fit. But we were at our dinner appointment, so we were at a families house, and they had their 4 year old grandson visiting with them, we were waiting for dinner to be ready and there wasn't anything we could do to help, so we were looking at the pictures hanging on the wall, when all the sudden I feel someone hugging my legs! So I look town and I see this little boy hugging me, and he looks up and says "I like the way you look" and runs away.
It made my night! Kids are the cutest. I just love them!

Anyways, I sure hope y'all have a great week!!! I love y'all!!
Love, Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment