Tuesday, December 30, 2014

October 20, 2014

Hey there everyone!! How is everything going? From the emails I've received, it sounds like everyone is doing fun things for Fall!! 

This week was pretty good! Heavenly Father sure is blessing us! He sees our efforts and is giving us miracles every day!

We've been doing lots of service since people haven't been wanting to meet with us, so this week we helped a sister paint her home, so that was lots of fun! We also helped a family clean out their trailer! And goodness gracious! Both of these families were so thankful! We hardly did anything, but just a little act of kindness brought each of us so much happiness! It was super great!! I seriously love service and being able to serve a mission! 

We've also been taking cookies to more people in the area! So great!! It always just makes people happy to receive a plate of cookies! :) 

We had interviews with President Hobbs this week, so that was super legit!! I'm so thankful for such a patient mission president to give me advice! He just listens to all of us missionaries, loves all of this missionaries, and prays for all of us missionaries! He and Sister Hobbs are such wonderful people! 
AH. I just love them! And this mission.. You know.. Lots of things to love! :) 

So. MIRACLE!!!!! You remember how last week I told you the story about the lady named Cherrie? She was a member referral that we visited? Anyways! SHE CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!! SAY WHAT?!?!?!??! 
We visited her this week with the member that had found a letter from her, just had a nice visit, we talked a little bit about what our beliefs are and left it at that. 
Sunday morning we were getting ready to go to church when we get a phone call from Cherrie telling us how much she loved our visit and asked if she could join us at church!!! After we hung up the phone I was jumping up and down. 
As far as she said, she enjoyed it! She kept commenting on things that she liked. 
Apparently she knew a few members in the congregation because she went up to several people. 
Everyone welcomed her! It was such a miracle. 
I'm not sure where it will lead to, but I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father has a plan for this kind sister! 

We also had exchanges this week, so I got to spend a day in Victorville! The area reminds me a little bit of when I was down the hill in Ontario. Just the structure of the homes! 
But it was lots of fun! We actually had appointments!! Meaning I was actually able to teach! It felt so nice! 
The people I met there were so humble! One sister was just going through a lot, tons of drama and divorce and just everything! I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her everything would work out! Because it will! Everything always finds a way of working out! 
It made me very thankful to be in this ward though, I'm thankful for the people here! I dunno what I'll do when I get transferred! So far, I've been here just as long as I was in Ontario. Transfers aren't for another 3 weeks, so who knows what'll happen! But what I'm getting at is that I love Apple Valley!

This week I was reading a talk from this past General Conference,  the talk was titled "Living the gospel joyful" By Dieter F. Uchtordf, I would like to add something that stuck out to me so strongly! I copied and pasted this from LDS.org, I'll attach the link to the talk but for now, read these words, pray about these words, and ask if they are true! God Love us so very much! I  know that he loves us. Anyways, here it is. 

"Whether you are 8 or 108, there is one thing that I hope you truly understand and know:
You are loved.
You are dear to your heavenly parents.
The infinite and eternal Creator of light and life knows you! He is mindful of you.
Yes, God loves you this very day and always.
He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you have held onto the fading light and believed—even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you.
And God knows of your successes; though they may seem small to you, He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourself to others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens—even when you are struggling with your own.
He knows everything about you. He sees you clearly—He knows you as you really are. And He loves you—today and always!
Do you suppose it matters to our Heavenly Father whether your makeup, clothes, hair, and nails are perfect? Do you think your value to Him changes based on how many followers you have on Instagram or Pinterest? Do you think He wants you to worry or get depressed if some un-friend or un-follow you on Facebook or Twitter? Do you think outward attractiveness, your dress size, or popularity make the slightest difference in your worth to the One who created the universe?
He loves you not only for who you are this very day but also for the person of glory and light you have the potential and the desire to become.
More than you could ever imagine, He wants you to achieve your destiny—to return to your heavenly home in honor."

Y'all, God loves us. I leave my testimony with you that God lives. That these words spoken are true, that Gods love will ALWAYS be there for you, and for me, that we can always pray to him, and we can always turn to him. He loves you. I love you as well, I'm nowhere near perfect, nor is my love for each of us, but Gods love is. Pray to him, please seek after him! I don't know where I would be without the love of my merciful Father in Heaven. Please search him out and see if he is there! 
This morning people were supposed to go to the church for a zone activity, but only 3 companionship's showed up. And since my knee is still injured, I couldn't play so I sat by a tree and watched everyone throw balls at everyones head. I'm just sitting there when all the sudden they start playing dodgeball. And apparently people aim for heads because one after another, someone was getting hit in the head! It was the funniest sight to see!!

Well everyone, I hope that y'all keep being awesome!! Something that I've been doing is writing down three miracles a day, and it has helped me lots! So, I'm not asking you to write down three miracles a day, but I am asking you to find at least once miracle a day! And tell me about it! I LOVE hearing about y'alls miracles! SO. Send them to me!

I love y'all and hope y'all have a great week!!!!

Love,

Sister Bond  

No comments:

Post a Comment