Tuesday, December 30, 2014

September 15, 2014

Well Family, another week has come and gone, but I'm still here! Thank goodness! ;) Anyways, this week was good! It was pretty slow... All of our appointments either canceled, or weren't home... So that was a little bit on the depressing side.. But frozen yogurt helps. Haha, I'm pretty sure the workers there know all the missionaries because there are always missionaries there!  BUT anyways. Lots of learning happened this week!
Dawn is doing well, we weren't really able to see her this week.. BUT I just love her so much! She's wonderful! We found out today that she'll be moving within the next couple of weeks.. So that's pretty depressing! But I guess it works out in the long run because eventually I'll be transferred away from Apple Valley.. BUT it's still pretty sad! But that's something cool about the gospel, it's everywhere! Anywhere you go, the same exact message is being taught... Georgia to California, California to Japan.. Everywhere, the same message that Jesus Christ lives! And that his church has been restored to the earth today! What a great message to be able to proclaim to the world. 
Anyways, I love Dawn and am super excited for her!
This week we were also able to visit with a few less actives that we've never gotten to visit before! Miracles! WOOHOO! 
So something super cool happened! Sister Richardson and I were driving to go eat lunch early because an appointment canceled, and as we were driving home, I felt prompted to visit a less active that we haven't been able to see, so I asked Sister Richardson if she would mind if we just stopped by to say hello.. Apparently she was having the same exact feeling! So we pulled over and waked up to the door and guess what happened! SHE ANSWERED!!!! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! Blessings from following a prompting? I THINK YES! She had company over so we couldn't stay long, but it was great that we got to put a face to the name! 
We have another day to stop by this week, so we're praying that all goes well!
We were also able to do more service this week, we cut out a thousand sheets of paper! Pretty cool right? The papers were just some visuals to send to the missionaries serving in the Philippines, so that was pretty cool! Lots of scissors and lots of paper.. But it was great being able to serve other missionaries! When you're in the service of your fellow beings, you're only in the service of your God.
So kinda going along with that.. The funny moment of the week! It's harder to explain, but while we were doing service, it was with all the missionaries in the area, and the entire time we were just telling the jokes you get from laffy taffy wrappers!  But what's funny is that missionaries think that these jokes are just the funniest things! I was dying over knock knock jokes. It made my day!
So another thing that I learned this week is that God answers prayers. This week I was praying for something very specific and personal, and my answer came in such a way that I have NO DOUBT that God willingly listens to every prayer that we have. I know that there is a God because how else would my prayers be answered? I can't control the things that happen in my life, but when I pray to God, things become so much easier! This week was pretty hard, but I'm THANKFUL for that! It reminds me to be humble, it reminds me that I can't do ANYTHING on my own, but with that, God will always be there with me to help me along the way, that when we pray to him, and truly and sincerely pray and ask for his help, HE WILL BE THERE. 
I KNOW that God lives. I Know that God loves us. I know that he is there for us in all things, he truly is our Father in Heaven, just as our earthly parents love us, our Father in Heaven loves us. 
We are ALL children of God, it doesn't matter what race, what gender, rich, poor, snobby, or humble, we are ALL God's children and he loves us. 
There is a song that I want y'all to check out, it simply just talks about how we're children of God.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages/topics/children?v=1101413030001 

I know with all my heart that God loves me, and I would encourage and ask each and every single one of you to pray, and ask God if he loves you, and if he is there. 
I could talk all day long, and try and sway you with my words, but it wont mean a single thing if we don't pray and ask God, and I know without a doubt in my mind that he is there for us, and that he truly is our Heavenly Father who loves us.
Well y'all, I'm so thankful to be a missionary! I love California so very much!! I may miss the Georgia weather, but I know I'm supposed to be here! This time last year I started my paperwork to come on a mission, and here I am!! I wouldn't change a thing!! I only have a year left, and I'm going to make the best of it!
I sure love y'all!!!!! Have a great week!!!!!

Love, 
Sister Bond<3

No comments:

Post a Comment