Tuesday, December 30, 2014

November 17, 2014

Greetings from Hesperia!! Or in other words, I got transferred! My new companion is Sister Orr, so far I don't know much about her other than this is her last 6 weeks on her mission, and she's from Idaho. But so far I like her! 

I truly did love Apple Valley! There were so many people there that I simply loved, they were just so kind to me, and to everyone there, I will definitely want to visit Apple Valley again after my mission! So hopefully I love Hesperia just as much! 

I'm not sure how much time I have here at this library, but this week was pretty legit! 
We did service at the squash farm, so I got a snazzy squash4friends shirt! I'm super stoked about that! 

We also had zone conference this week!! Yay! We had Elder Golden of the 70 come and speak to us. Meaning is was an amazing meeting! 
Something he really focused on was the power and authority we have as missionaries. 
Which is something I've been trying to study a lot lately, and legit. I love being a missionary. 
I have been set apart for 18 months by the priesthood authority from God to represent his Son Jesus Christ, to be able to invite others to come unto Christ. 
HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!??!?! And when else will I be able to say that? I think a lot of times I fall into the routine of being a missionary and just go through the motions, but this conference gave me lots of motivation to go out and serve! And let me tell you, I know that this is exactly where God wants me to be right now. 
I know that God lives. I know that he sent his son Jesus Christ to the world because he loves the world, we are all Gods children, and as we turn to him, we will be blessed in so many ways!!! I love this gospel. I love being a missionary and being able to serve and spend time with such amazing people. 

As for the funny moment of the week, we were in a lesson on Sunday and a member of the ward was talking about missionaries when all the sudden he says "Look at missionaries, when they've been out for 18 months, they have swagger!" Hahaha! I was dying. 
#momentslikethismakemethankfultobeamissionary 

Anyways, I sure love y'all and am so excited to be serving in this new area!!! 
Keep being amazing! 

Love, 

Sister Bond 

No comments:

Post a Comment