Tuesday, December 30, 2014

November 10, 2014

Greetings from the Sunny California! You know how I said last week was freezing? Yeah..... Not anymore! It's back to 80 degrees! I promise I'm not trying to rub it in, but I really do enjoy not freezing to death. Haha! Love y'all!! 

Anyways, this week was pretty great! We're still trying to do more service, we weren't able to pick up trash on the side of the road this week, but we did do more service at the animal shelter and we've been helping a sister clean out her home. 
Legit. Who would've thought that I would love serving others so much??? I just want to serve all day long. Good thing I'm a missionary! ;) 

We're still trying to find people to teach, I love this area a whole lot though! We find out about transfers next week, so I have no idea if I'll still be here in Apple Valley or if I'll go someplace new. I've been having lots of dreams lately that I've been transferred... So I don't know! Who knows if that means anything or not, but I guess what I'm getting at is that I love Apple Valley! This will be an area that I want to visit after my mission because I love the people so much. 
  I think that that's one reason why I've been in this area, to be able to work with the members here, and to get them involved, member missionary work is really where its at! I'm seriously so thankful to be here, and to be on a mission! The Lord is so kind in sending me to a place that I love so much! 

As I've been on my mission I've learned that the Lord puts you where you need to be. 
We had a pretty cool experience this week! 
We were finishing up our dinner, when we got a text from a strange number saying that M. needed us. 
So we tried calling M. but no answer, we tried the number that texted us but we still couldn't get in contact with anyone. We both felt super strongly that we needed to go and stop by M.'s house, so as we're driving over I felt like we needed to get there as soon as possible, so we went over and knocked on the door. 
M's mom came to the door (M. is a 15 year old girl by the way) and said that she would get M. and invited us in, she told us that M. was in the shower so it might be a few minutes.
So we came in and waited for a few minutes while she went and told M. that the missionaries were there.. A few minutes later M. comes out and gives both of us huge hugs and told us that she had been praying for help and was about to commit suicide, right when her Mom had knocked on her door telling her that we were here she was picking up a bottle of bleach to drink. 
If we had been 5 minutes later, I have no idea of what would've happened... Well I do have an idea, and it would't of been pretty. 
Why am I telling y'all this? Because it was just one example on how God answers prayers. 
M. was praying and we felt so strongly to visit her. I KNOW that God sent us to visit M. That God answered this young girls prayer. 
I know that he answers every prayer that we have, that God will send us to where we need to be. 
It's a blessing to be a missionary and to be able to see miracles everyday. 
Now, just to let you know, M. is fine now, and we're trying to get her help, the proper people know about her situation, so all will be well. 

But legit. There are miracles everyday! Sometimes they're huge miracles like being in the right place at the right time, and other miracles are just as simple as not having pain in your feet for a few days. Miracles are everywhere. 

I bare my testimony to each of y'all that I know that God lives, that he is mindful of us, that even though things get hard, that God still loves us, he isn't giving us trials because he wants to punish us, but because he loves us so much that he wants us to grow. 
I'm thankful to have a loving Heavenly Father that cares about me, and that cares about everyone. No matter what. 

Now, for the funny moment of the week.. So we were getting are tires checked on our car because they were being silly. Anyways we asked the man where to go and wait, and he told us to just wait by the car because it was only going to take a minute. 
The conversation goes like this:
Us: Where should we wait? 
Man: You can stand right out here! Unless the sun hurts you of course ;) 
Us: -simple small talk- 
Man: You have an accent! Where are you from? 
Me: Really? Most people say I don't, but I'm from Georgia...
Man: Oh... Well I have some pizza in the back! You want me to bring you a pizza?
Me: Ummmm I just ate lunch, but thank you though! 
Man: -now has a confused face staring intently at me- Well that's a bummer... 
    .... Now looking at the conversation it doesn't look sketchy, but standing outside of the car shop, and having an interesting man offer you pizza.. Seems a little sketch to me.. Anyways, it was the funniest thing, once we got back into our car I just laughed and laughed. 
It's the little things that bring me happiness! 

Well family, I sure love y'all and hope all is well!!! Always remember, if a sketchy man offers you pizza, say no. 
Love y'all!!! Have a good week and stay warm!!!! 

Love, 
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment