Tuesday, December 30, 2014

October 6, 2014

Hello everyone!! This week was a bit better than last! Our car didn't get broken into, so its a great week when that doesn't happen! ;) 
Anyways, this week was great! About four main things happened this week that was pretty great. 

First, WE GOT TO SEE DAWN!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! On Tuesday I had the thought to just shoot her a text, just telling her that we were thinking of her.. AND SHE RESPONDED! We've had close to zero contact with her for the past three weeks, and we finally got in contact with her! That night we were able to visit her!!! BLESSINGS! 
Now I see that it was a prompting of the Spirit to text her. She has a lot of stuff going on in her life right now, but if I know anything, I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can help in any circumstance! 

Second, we got to see the new movie, Meet the Mormons!!!!! All the missionaries in the high desert were invited to a special zone conference where we all watched the movie. Goodness gracious! I would recommend everyone to see it! It's funny and informational! Plus motivational! So really, it's just awesome!  

Third thing that was great about this week, BIKES! Really, I just love biking! The weather has been getting cooler and I just love it! People don't believe me when I tell them how much I love the bikes.. But I honestly do!!  

Forth thing that was probably my favorite thing about this week, GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!! OHMYGOODNESS IT WAS AMAZING! 
What general conference is, is twice a year there is a broadcast from Salt Lake City where our Prophet and Apostles give us direction from God. 
As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe to have a living prophet today that receives revelation from God on how to direct the church, just as when Christ was on the earth, he had 12 apostles, we also believe to have 12 apostles who help our Prophet lead out the church. 
With general conference, we're able to hear from these people. What's great is that they aren't assigned a topic to speak on, they pray to God on what to speak about, and speak on what God reveals to them. 
Something that I really got out of conference is, DON'T NEGLECT THE LITTLE THINGS! 
Prayer, the sacrament, reading from the scriptures, truly having faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, having faith and hope in better things to come. 
These things will not take away our trials or our hard times, but when we use these tools- these gifts from God, we can stay afloat and above water. 
God loves us, and wants us to return back to him, which is WHY he gives us these tools in the first place!  
I'm SO thankful to have a prophet, I'm thankful to be able to receive personal revelation from God that these things are true. 
I KNOW that God answers prayers, I KNOW that he loves us, we would live in such a sad world of God didn't answer his childrens prayers. 
God is there for us, and if we sincerely seek him out, we will find him. 
"Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." 
   With that, I would encourage and invite EACH of y'all to truly seek out God, even when you have a relationship with him, make it stronger. Who doesn't need strengthening? I'm pretty sure everyone does! Myself included! 

Now for the funny moment of the week! 
So we share the car right? Well we told the Elders (boy missionaries) to bring the car over at a certain time, well it was night time and Sister Richardson and I were making thank you cards when all the sudden, we hear the door to the back gate open... Then we hear things moving outside. 
I was a bit jumpy when all the sudden we hear someone knocking on the door! 
It was the Elders 20 minutes early, they decided to put the bikes in the back so we wouldn't have to. 
It scared the jabeezers out of me! But it made me laugh pretty hard afterwords. It was pretty great! 

Anyways, I love y'all so much!!! I hope y'all have a great week! 

Love, 

Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment