Sunday, August 9, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hey there everyone! Guess what! I'm all better now! I can walk without passing out, and I can talk without my head going all loopy. Well, I'm always a bit loopy, but now I'm back to normal! On Tuesday we went to the urgent care and they said I had the flu which turned into a sinus infection with vertigo. So they put me on some medications and I'm back to work.

But this week was crazy!! Thank goodness for planners because I wouldn't be able to remember everything without it.

Tuesday we had our regular district meeting, then when to urgent care, not too much else happened. That night I was still kinda sick so it was a struggle, but I was able to go to dinner that night and teach a less active! So it all worked out.
Urgent care was an interesting experience, we went and weren't there too long before I got in, but when we got in and talked with the Doctor, he mentioned how my face shined with innocence, it was the light of Christ that he saw, but it was fun to talk with him. He asked a lot of questions about the church, and about us as missionaries.. But he did ask if Sister Cromwell was my spouse. That was weird. But other than that, super normal! Anyways, we're talking with the doctor and he wanted to make sure that my symptoms weren't related to my heart (long story about that) so he ordered an EKG. Probably one of the most awkward experiences of my mission. If not life. So the EKG is a heart test that they make you get half naked for, and have you wear a paper vest type thing. So I was with Sister Cromwell, half naked, while they did this test. Thank goodness the nurse that did it was a female. Otherwise I don't know what I would do. #awkward The rest of the day we were making joke. Really we're still making jokes about it. #rememberthattimeyouhadtogetanEKG?
But I'm healthy, so that's what I'm thankful for!

Wednesday was great! We had Zone Conference, so all the missionaries in Hesperia and half of the ones in Victorville got together to receive training's, we were there for most of the day. But I learned a lot! Lots of the training's were on talking with everyone, going back to the fundamentals, and being strengthened by Jesus Christ. Needless to say, I learned a lot! And I'm excited to apply the things that I learn.
  After Zone Conference we had a leadership meeting and were able to learn more about how to be better leaders! I'm very thankful for the blessing it is to be a sister training leader, and being able to support other sisters!

Thursday we were on exchanges! I stayed in our area with Sister P. Which is a sister I really look up to, if you look up quiet dignity and humbly relying on Christ in the dictionary, you would find a picture of this sister. I learned a lot from her that day! We were able to knock some doors, and go on lots of walks, and were able to talk with lots of people. Something I learned from her was that when we're humble, we have the ability to recognize the spirit.

Friday we were able to do service at food ministries, which we're basically feeding homeless people all day. It was so great! These people are so humble, very humble circumstances. I was in charge of signing people in, so I got to talk with lots of people! They all saw my name tag, so I got James Bond jokes a lot more than usual, it made me laugh. But I was able to talk to a guy that said he would like to learn more, and he lives in our congregations area! So hopefully the Elders (boy missionaries) can start teaching him.

Then Saturday we went on exchanges again! This time I went to Victorville, and the sister I was with wanted to work on talking with everyone, and they didn't have any scheduled appointments, so we talked to people all day! It was great! We knocked doors all day, and we contacted people all day, met a lot of people that weren't interested, but we also found a few people that were! Blessings! We got a lot of sun that day, so I was nice and red by the end of the night.
But I was super thankful for that day, it was a blessing to just go out and work hard all day long, constantly talking with people, and being out and about. It was great! :)

Sunday was great, we had church, then that night we were able to help some sisters with their weekly planning, which weekly planning is where you spend a few hours planning your entire next week. It was a blessing! We were able to all learn from one another.

If I were to pick one thing that I learned this week, it would be that it doesn't matter where you are, what you're doing, or who you are, you can talk to anybody anywhere! I learned that even if things are awkward, you can always talk to anyone. As awkward as things may seem, I know that when we talk to people that we are able to make connections, and connections give us friendships. I'm so thankful for the blessing it has been to serve a mission, and to serve my Heavenly Father.
This morning in my studies I was reading in Luke chapter 18 when Christ heals a blind man. Attached are the scriptures, then I'll tell you what I learned.

And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:
And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant.
And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by.
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him,
Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.
And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

Now, what I learned from this. So first things first, There is a blind man, and he knows Christ is around, and he has faith that Christ can heal him. People around him rebuked him saying not to bother Christ, but this man knew that Christ could heal him. And here we have Christ, who is perfect, Christ has him come unto him, and what I found interesting was that Christ knew what was wrong with this blind man, bu the still asked him what was wrong. He didn't just go up to this man and heal him, but he allowed him to use his agency to act rather than to be acted upon. And so the blind man asked him to heal him and he was healed. He was healed because of his faith. He knew Christ could heal him, and he asked to be healed.
   I know that Christ knows us, and that sometimes we just expect blessings, but we need to ask for them sometimes! I know that Heavenly Father loves us and wants to bless us. I learned this week that Heavenly Father loves us enough to bless us, but trusts us enough to ask for those blessings.
   We were created to act, not to be acted upon, out of all of Heavenly Fathers creations, he created everything to be acted upon. Except us humans. He gave us our agency, and because he gave us our agency we can make a difference. We can ask for blessings, we can pray. And we can talk with people. Christ talked with everyone, and he healed everyone around him. He was led by the spirit, and he acted. And I know that we can do the same, we can act to make an impact and impact those around us. Even if its just a small conversation.

Well y'all. Now with such an eventful week, I'm sure you can't wait any longer for my funny slash awkward experiences. So first things first!
On Tuesday at the Doctors office, the Doctor explained my vertigo and everything and he goes "It makes your brain confused" and me being the person that I am respond "Yeah, my brain gets confused a lot" and we laughed, but the funny part was the Doctor wasn't from America so he didn't get my joke... Or he didn't think it was funny.. But I'm gonna go with the first!
   The second funny moment was on Wednesday on exchanges, we were making some sounds with our mouth and I said that we should start a band! She responded without realizing what she said with "Yeah! We could be the bowels! And we could make a movement!"
    Then Saturday again on exchanges we were knocking doors and a old man opened the door so we asked how he was doing, he responded with "I'm finer than a frogs hair split 4 ways" Then he grabbed my hand to greet me and wouldn't let go. #oldmenalwayswanttoshakemyhand
   There were several more awkward moments, because you know.. I'm pretty awkward. But really, the gift of laughter is a tender mercy!

I'm so thankful for so many blessings! Especially being able to preach the gospel.
I sure love y'all and am so thankful for all the support y'all have given me! Have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Bond



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment