Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 6, 2015

Hey there everyone! Another week has flown right by. But things are still going great here in Rancho Cucuamonga! :)
We found out the other day that we're going to have a two week missionary with us, which I'll explain what that means! So the youth in the mission boundaries can go out with the missionaries for two weeks, they get to live with us, and are set apart to be missionaries for two weeks, they get to live the same standards as us, and get to be with us 24/7, is exactly the same as being a regular full time missionary. So for the next two weeks we're going to be in a trio! I'm not sure how this all is going to work seeing how we still have the same responsibilities of being an STL, and covering two areas and what not.. But I'm way excited! The sisters name is Sister Crandall, and shes actually from Hesperia! She went to church in the same building that I went to when I was there, so we know a lot of the same people. I'm excited for this experience, I know that I have to rely on the Lord for help, but that's the best kinda help we can get.
As for this week, things are pretty similar to last week, Most of our investigators were sick, but we were able to still see Maddie! And goodness gracious, every time I see her I just get so excited. Shes the best. Shes been reading from the Book of Mormon daily and is reading super fast!
We were also able to do service this week and help our ward mission leader move, it was really good to be able to serve him and his family in building a better relationship with them.
We also went on exchanges this week, I went to another area here in Rancho, and I went with a Sister that I served with in Hesperia, and goodness gracious, its amazing being able to see how much someone grows in just a couple of transfers, our day was mostly filled with knocking doors, but we were able to have some good one on one time and being able to talk with some great people.
As for the 4th, we were able to help out with a 5K! We didn't get to run it, but we were able to great people, after the 5K we were able to serve everyone at a pancake breakfast. So basically people went running, then ate all that they burned off. But, it was still great! All the missionaries in Rancho were there, so it was great seeing everyone serving people in the community.
We also had one of my favorite meetings as a missionary! Yup! MLC!! I seriously just love MLC. It was on chapter 8 of peach my gospel, so using time wisely, setting goals, and accountability. 
   And I learned that setting goals is a 24/7 thing to help us grow. And that they not only help us to stretch, but help us to have direction, which direction is key because if you don't know where you're going, you can take any way to get there. 
  When they were teaching about accountability I was thinking about agency, or the ability to choose. Which we know that agency is one of the greatest gifts Heavenly Father has given us, and its an eternal principal, and when they were teaching, I was thinking about missionaries, and how missionaries follow-up on everything, or at least we're supposed to. And I was thinking about how accountability is a way for Heavenly Father to follow-up on how we used our agency. 
   When we make choices and decisions, there is a consequence to everything we do, good or bad, there is a consequence, and each of us are going to be held accountable before God on what we did in this life.  
    But then I've been thinking a lot more about agency the past few days, and how thankful that I am that Heavenly Father created a plan, and from the beginning hes let us make our own choices. That he never forces us. But he does have a plan, in which he invites us to follow, he is always inviting us to come unto him, and to come unto Christ. And I know that the plan that he has created for us is a plan of happiness, and it brings us joy. That is one of the purposes of life, is to have joy! And as we follow Christ, I know that we can have joy.  Which, y'all know me, joy is one of my favorite things, I can't imagine my life without joy, and I can promise you that the things that have brought me the most joy in my life is knowing that My Heavenly Father lives, knowing that he loves me. Knowing that Christ lives, that he died for me, and that he lived for me, and that I can grow and become better. And knowing that because of Christ, my family can be together forever. This is the plan that Heavenly Father has given us, and the plan that I go out and share, and I know that it is a plan of joy, which is eternal happiness.
As for the funny moment of the week, it actually happened this morning. 
So on Mondays we go over to another companionship's apartment to do our laundry, so I throw all of my stuff into my laundry hamper and take it there, well, I threw in a load and went to go do my studies.. Well, I sat down and grabbed my scriptures and then I realized that I didn't have my study journal.. Yup y'all know where this is going.. I looked around and couldn't find it, and then I had the thought come to mind to check the washer! And sure enough, my study journal was sitting perfectly in the washer with the water beginning to fill it up. Thankfully it was fine and nothing happened to it, but I swear, sometimes my blond roots come in and I just throw my study journal into the washer! Haha, good times! :)
Well y'all, I love y'all!!! Thank you for all the love and support! 
Have a great week!!! 
Love,
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment