Sunday, August 9, 2015

April 6, 2015

Hey there! So this week was a little bit slow, I got the flu AGAIN so I've been out since Thursday, so most of this week I don't really remember, but from what I do remember it was good! I'm still a bit sick right now, so if I don't make sense, I apologize!

But to start out with a few miracles, we were able to see all of our investigators this week! We saw each of them before I was sick! YAY!  And two of them we were able to bring members of the congregation with! Do you know the last time that happened? Like a year ago. Tender mercy right there! Plus they all got along super duper well, I'm so thankful to be serving in this area with such wonderful people. But I'm super thankful we were able to see them all before I got sick.

We were also able to service at a place called "The Lords table" its a food kitchen for the homeless people. So we went and a few of us handed out food, I was in charge of people signing up for bread. So it was nice because I was able to talk with a few of the homeless people. There is a riverbed where most of the homeless people live, legit there's probably over a hundred people that live there. Anyways, I was talking to this one man and he told me about how he lived there, and what was neat was that he didn't talk about how miserable it was being homeless, but how thankful he was for Gods creations. He talked about how beautiful it is outside, and how he meets so many people and makes so many friends. It really opened my eyes to think about how you can make the best of any situation! It doesn't matter if you're homeless or not, there are tender mercies all around us.

Thursday was the day that I really started feeling sick. We had MLC down the hill, so I went, I don't remember a whole lot, but from what I do remember I learned about how when your heart is hardened, it makes it super difficult to feel the spirit. Really I wish I remembered more because I love MLC and I love learning, but I don't really remember much..

Over the weekend we had General Conference which is where we get to hear from our Prophet and Apostles, but I don't remember much of it. So I'm excited to read all the talks and study them! I'm sure Heavenly Father will make up the difference and I'll learn the things that he wants me to learn.

If there's one thing I learned this week, I learned how much Heavenly Father loves me, and how many tender mercies there are all around! Even though I was sick this week, I could still see Gods hand, there were other sisters that brought me things to help me get better, and showed how much they care for me. I've learned that often times Heavenly Father answers our prayers through regular people. That even with us being perfect, God uses his children to be instruments in his hands. I know that Heavenly Father knows me, and knows what I need and that each of us can rely on his hand to become healed, both physically and spiritually. I love my Heavenly Father, and I am so thankful for his hand.

As for the funny moment of the week, once upon a time we gave our spare key to Sister E. And Sister S. But we forgot that we did that.. And so the story goes like this!
One day Sister E. and Sister S. were supposed to come and pick up Sister Cromwells GPS.. Well, we got out of an appointment much later than we thought we would, so we texted the sisters and decided we would just drop it off the next day.
Well once we got home that night, Sister Cromwell unlocked the door and walked inside and next thing I hear is screaming and my companion is on the floor curled up in a ball, and I'm just confused as to why she screamed and is now laying on the floor. Of course the thought never crossed my mind that someone broke into our apartment, so I walk in and what happens next? I see Sister S. And Sister E. They used the spare key that we had given them a few days prior and his in our apartment just so they could scare us. Needless to say, it was a moment that needed to be video taped. But the good news is, it was!! The sisters were smart and set up a camera and recorded my companion being scared to death. It was a priceless moment.

Well y'all, I hope y'all have a great week and see the tender mercies that are all around us!! I love y'all and will hopefully write more of an exciting email next week!

Love,
Sister Bond


No comments:

Post a Comment