Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10,2015

Hey there everyone! I don't have any time today, but goodness gracious this week was crazy!! But we do have a super cool miracle!!! 
   So you know Maddie? Our investigator that's getting baptized on the 22nd? Well, she has a best friend named Gabby that has been coming to church for years but has never gotten baptized. Well.. Maddie being the awesome person that she is invited Gabby to be baptized, and Gabby said she would pray about it.. Well, next thing we know, we get a text from Maddie saying that we hit the missionary jack pot and that they will BOTH be getting baptized on August 22nd!!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!!! How often does it happen that your INVESTIGATOR invites their friend to be baptized? Let alone they say YES!?!? It was just a testimony builder to me that this is The Lords work, and that as we have faith in him, and trust in him, miracles will come, and that things will always work out.
 
As for the rest of the week, not a whole lot happened, we went on some exchanges, both times were crazy days. But I learned from one sister that you can be thankful no matter what circumstance you're in, and the second sister how important it is to trust in the spirit as you go about your day.
We also had MLC (missionary leadership council) this week! It was my last one, so they had me stand up and share my testimony, as I shared my testimony I didn't cry.. But as soon as I sat down the tears began to fall.. Rapidly. It looked like a waterfall, but I guess it was a good thing because California is in a drought and they need more water. 
   Anyways! MLC was all about finding, and talking with people. I learned that I'm put into an area for a reason, and I'm here to talk to everyone here about the gospel, because if I don't do it, what missionary will? 
   I'm so thankful to be a missionary, and to be out here to teach something I hold so dear to my heart. I know that this is the Lords work, and that we are not alone in assisting him in this great work. 
    I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us, that no matter how dark times may seem, no matter what kinda drought we may seem to be in, I know that light will come. I know that we wont have to be in a drought, because our spirits can be full of the living water. 
    I know that The Lord can use us as instruments in his hands, I learned that with Maddie and Gabby this week. We literally didn't do anything but act with faith, and next thing we know, our investigator is inviting her friend to be baptized! There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that words this so perfectly it says "Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will notboast of myself, but will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."   And I know that this is true. That as we trust in God, trust in his strength we can do all things.
As for the funny moment of the week, we were at our ward mission leaders house, and we were talking about how I'm planning on going to BYU-I in a year, and he looked at me and goes "Oh? BYU-I? That's where the field is white already to harvest.. And I'm not talking about potatoes if you know what I mean!" I was dying. I love funny moments like that.
Anyways, sorry this letters kinda short. But hopefully next week I'll have more time! Today we're going on a hike with Maddie and Gabby and are going to have a lesson on top of a Mountain. #we'recool #I'mexcited #madgabbaptism
Love y'all!!! Have a great week!!!!
Love,
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment