Sunday, August 9, 2015

March 16, 2015

Why hello there everyone! I hope y'all had a great week and that y'all are enjoying the weather! Hopefully it's as nice where you're at as it is out here.

This week was yet another roller coaster! Ups and downs everyday! Sounds fun right?

Well, Tuesday was a really high up! We had a mission fast, so all the missionaries, and all the members of the different congregations within the mission all fasted together to increase our faith to find teach and baptize, so we had probably close to a thousand people fasting all for the same purpose on the same day! So needless to say miracles occurred!
   Tuesday we had a meeting where Sister Cromwell and I gave a training, part of the training was on using the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, it was probably one of my favorite training's I've ever given, probably because the spirit was so strong. It made me extremely thankful for my calling as a missionary, and for Jesus Christ.
    After the meeting we went to go try a former investigator who said previously that we could come back, so we went back and she invited us in! Then we found out that their entire family of 4 wanted to learn more, mostly about the fact that we can be an eternal family. Miracle right?!?!?!
It was a huge miracle to me, and a definite testimony builder. The only sad part is that we went back on Saturday and they dropped us, meaning that they weren't interested at all in our message and didn't want us teaching them... So that was a bit depressing, but it was still a miracle that we found them and taught them a little bit!!!

We were also able to do a lot of service this week, mostly yard work and refinishing furniture! And you know how I'm super white? Well.. Not anymore! Now I'm red! Maybe by the end of my mission I'll be tan.. I have a goal to be tan by the end of my mission. Especially with the fact that I go home at the end of the summer.  Basically I just want an awesome watch tan and shoe tan. Everything else is whatever. But anyways, back to service! It was great, we went on a couple different days, so that was a good bit of our week.

As for the rest of the week, we're really focusing on finding, everyone that I've taught from the time I've been here has dropped us, so our teaching pool is very slim. But I know that this is just an opportunity to grow! :)

With that, I want you to know how thankful I am for the Lords timing. I know that his timing is much better than ours! Sometimes it's a little bit discouraging to think about how hard we're working and how we don't always see the fruits of our efforts, but I know with all my heart that The Lord is preparing people to teach. I know that this is his work. I'm thankful that The Lord is letting me be part of it! I know that missionary work isn't easy because Salvation is not cheep, all things that are worth something you have to work for, and I know that we don't have to work alone, but that when we turn to our Heavenly Father, he will help us succeed, we can never fail when we have God on our side. Just like it says in Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." I know that when we trust in The Lord, and as we acknowledge him, he will direct our paths. I know that Christ is constantly with us, and that we are never alone! I used to have a picture on my wall back home with a picture of Christ that says "You are never alone" and I used to just think that that was normal, that we're never alone, but now I understand a little bit more about what that means, obviously I'm not perfect and I still have more to learn, but I know that I am never alone, and that Christ has already walked the path that I am walking, and I want to follow in his footsteps. As we come unto Christ we can be perfected, everything can be made right through Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I love him so very much, and I'm so thankful for him and for all that he has done.

As for the funny moment of the week, Sister Cromwell and I were playing 20 questions and ended up talking about fly fishing, well I didn't know exactly what it was so Sister Cromwell explained it to me. But before she explained she asked me if I knew what it was.. Well, I thought I knew.. So I asked if it was when we catch flying fish! ...Well, I guess I was wrong and that it's not when you catch flying fish. Needless to say, I'm still kinda blond... But you learn something new everyday! And it gave us something to laugh about! :)

Well y'all, thank you for being such great support! I'm so thankful for y'all and everything y'all do for me!!! I pray for y'all and hope y'all have a great week!

Love y'all!!!

PS. Attached is the picture I was talking about a few paragraphs up! :)

Love,
Sister Bond


No comments:

Post a Comment