Sunday, August 9, 2015

June 8, 2015

Hello there everyone! Another week has come and gone. Time is really flying out here, I love my mission so much, I wish time wouldn't fly by so fast!
As for this week, its been pretty great, super crazy, but great!
Monday was the usual, nothing big happened, we had a sisters activity and played ultiamte ball, but that's about it.
Tuesday was full of miracles though! So first we saw Lidia, a returning less active, and had a great lesson with her. Every time I see her my heart just hurts for her, but she is still pressing forward and keeps on trying. 
   As for the miracle, I don't remember if I told you about Jeovanna or not last week, so in case I didn't, I'll start from the beginning! So, once upon a time the Elders were really thirsty and needed some water, so they went tracting to go and find some water, and ended up finding Jeovanna, shes about 23 so they gave us the referral. They set up a time for us to go over, but she canceled the appointment. But she ended up coming to church on Sunday so we set up a time to go and see her, so we went over on Tuesday, and before the lesson we planned on teaching about the plan of salvation, because she had just lost her brother a few months ago, so we were going to teach about how she could see him again, well while we were getting to know her religious beliefs Sister Vainuku and I both felt super prompted to change our lesson to the message of the restoration, so Sister Vainuku changed it very smoothly with the spirit, and we ended up teaching a super powerful lesson, it was one of those when you KNOW that you're not the one teaching, and you know that its the spirit. 
    At the end of the lesson I invited her to be baptized and she said yes. SAY WHAT?!?! Yup. Shes going to get baptized, she didn't set a specific date. But she is so prepared and already willing to be baptized. Heavenly Father is great. I know that this is a miracle given to us by a loving Heavenly Father. #miracle #Godisgood #myheavenlyfatherlovesme
Wednesday we were on exchanges, so I stayed in the area with a sister waiting for her visa to go to Brasil. Goodness gracious it was such a crazy day! We went to visit a less active in Fontana, which is out of the mission, but because we're in the YSA we cover that area for the YSA people. But anyways, we went to go and see her and ended up getting lost for an hour in rush hour traffic. #thestruggleisreal #butsoistheatonement But while we were stuck in traffic, Sister Neilsen was a champ and waved to everyone and brightened many peoples days. And we ended up finding the house and were able to teach a super good lesson to Marleen! Who is someone I just love, we went in planning to teach one thing, but ended up teaching something totally different. #thespiritisthetrueteacher #ilearnedsomuch 
  Then that night we taught our Bible class, not very many people came, but I sure learned a lot!
Thursday we had MLC, and it was all on becoming more like Christ, and lemme tell you, I have a long way to go! But the good thing is, Christ gives us hope to become better. I learned that if I want to become more like Jesus Christ, I need to know Jesus Christ. So after MLC I was trying to find ways to know him more, and the spirit told me to do a 40 day fast, and I was like "I don't know how to do a 40 day fast!" But this is what the spirit has taught me! So I've picked 4 Christlike attributes that I want to work on, and  I've picked one attribute for 10 days, and I've picked one way for every 10 days to work on that attribute, so far I only have 30 days planned, but I'm really excited about this! I don't know if that made any sense, but I hope it did! If you'd like to do the same, here is the link to the activity and more about Christlike attributes: https://www.lds.org/manual/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service/how-do-i-develop-christlike-attributes.p292?lang=eng
   
Friday was pretty normal, we had cyber seniors and helped more people with their computer skills, and did some weekly planning! But we did have a really good lesson with a family in the family ward. #lifeisgood
Saturday we were on exchanges, I was in the Spanish branch in Upland, so it was fun. We ended up going to a bike trail and handing out free water bottles! It was good, we were able to talk with people AND do service! I still don't speak Spanish, but its nice going to their area. I did learn how to make tortias though!
Sunday we were in church all day, but I learned that if I want to be happy in the future, I need to choose to be happy now. It was a good lesson!
Well, like I said, I've been trying to find ways to be more like Christ, and so I've been studding more about Christ, and what I've learned is that Christ is perfect. And that I am not. Well, I already knew that, but it has strengthened my testimony on how even though I'm not perfect, I can become better through Jesus Christ. In The Book of Mormon in Moroni 10:32-33 it says: Yea, comeunto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sinsthat ye become holywithout spot.
     I know that as we come unto Christ that we can be sanctified and made clean and pure. I love this scripture because it reminds me that his grace is sufficient for me, that I may be clean and pure, that as I put off the natural woman and rely on Christ, and develop Christlike attributes, I can be made perfect through his Atonement.  I love Jesus Christ, and I know that he is my friend, and my brother. 
As for the funny moment of this week, we were at dinner and the family we were eating with asked their 7 year old daughter if they knew where Georgia was, and her response was "uh... is it in Utah?" Maybe it was a you had to be there moments, but because everyone and their dog is from Utah, she automatically thought Georgia was in Utah! It was adorable!
Well y'all, I'm thankful for all the love and support y'all give me every day! Thank you for all y'all do!
I hope y'all are safe and have a great week!!
Love, 
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment