Sunday, August 9, 2015

February 2, 2015

Hey there everyone!!! I don't have much time today, but this week was super duper great! I'll try to include some great highlights! :)

So, of course, thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was probably one of my favorite birthdays if not my favorite! I felt super loved and we were able to go out and serve others! It's pretty cool being about to turn outward in stead of inward on a day that's normally all about you.
But, I did get to have my little bit of pride! ;) The day started with Sister Stagg making me breakfast, like. Real breakfast. Not just my green smoothies, but real food!!! Pancakes, eggs, bacon! Everything! It was delicious! We also went out to lunch with some other sister missionaries out here.. We went to popeyes, I've been missing some good fried chicken, so it was nice being able to fatten myself up a little bit.. But for the rest of the day we had cake or goodies everywhere we went. I had three birthday cakes and 2 different times people made me cupcakes. I'm pretty sure I gained like 20 pounds this week. Ha! A pound for every year I've been alive.....Anyways!! I'm very thankful that so many people took such good care of me! :)

We've still been working with Nicole! She's one of the people that made me cake! We were able to take her on a tour of the church, and she later got a Priesthood blessing.
The next day was my birthday, so we watched a movie on Joseph Smith and had popcorn. Its probably the closest thing I'll get to having a movie night while on my mission! Haha! But, Nicole is way cool!!!! She's learning so much, and asks us so many great questions! I just love being a missionary!

We're also teaching Bethanie, I don't remember if I told y'all about her, she's 13 and has kind of a difficult family situation.. Anyways, for our lesson with her this week we just went on a walk and talked and answered her questions. I'm pretty sure we walked like 3 miles with her down a dirt road! It was way fun!

We were also able to do more service this week! We sorted clothes that a store was selling. But we also were able to sand down some dressers and were able to paint. It doesn't sound like it would be much fun, but I simply love service! We get to wear pants, get to talk, and really just laugh and serve!! It's wonderful!!! When you're in the service of your fellow beings, you're in the service of your God!

  Now on a more spiritual note, I want each of y'all to know how much I love serving a mission, of course it's hard, and it's going to be hard, but I love every second of it, I know with all my heart that it truly is the Lords work, and I'm so thankful to be apart of it!! This morning I was reading in the Book of Mormon, and it talked about 2 thousand warriors, and how these were young men, and they were going into battle, but they had never fought before, but they didn't fear, they didn't fear because they had faith that God would protect them. And he did! These warriors went into battle, and not a single one of them died. 2 thousand people! Just like how these men were fighting in a physical war, we are all fighting our own battles, these battles can be against the world, against Satan, or whatever it may be, I know that when we have faith in God, we CAN be protected.
I know that we need to have faith, and how faith is an action word, especially faith in Jesus Christ, when we have faith in him it leads us to want to do better, or be the kind of person that Christ was. I know that Christ lives, and that he is our Redeemer. He loves us, and is there for us.
This is just part of the message I'm blessed with being able to share. That God lives, That Christ lives. And that through Jesus Christ we can be saved! Now, isn't that just such a sweet message? Doesn't it just make you feel good to know that Christ loves you? I'm so thankful for Jesus Christ and for his atonement!
I just love being a missionary and sharing this with people! :)


As for the funny moment of the week, we have been trying to meet more people in our area, and there was a less active member that we were asked to see, so we went by, and knocked on the door. Well, we hear a man yell "Come on in!!!" But we felt awkward just walking into a strangers home, so we waited for them to come to the door.. Well, he comes and we ask if Louise is home, he says very excitedly "Yes!! Come on in!" So we come in and he told us to wait while he went and got her.. Well a lady comes back and we ask if she's Louise.. Well turns out Louise doesn't live there anymore and this lady was very confused as to why we were in her home looking for a lady she knew nothing about.
#awkardmissionarymoments

Well y'all, I'm out of time! But I sure love all y'all!!! Thank you for all the love and support y'all send me!!! :)

Love,
Sister Bond :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment