Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 27, 2015

Well y'all, this week is full of exciting news! I don't even know where to start, so I'll start with the transfer news! Sister Vainuku went home, she finished her 18 months and is now enjoying time with her family! I stayed in the area, but my new companion isn't so new! Its Sister Stagg again!! We were companions 6 months ago, and is one of my best friends from the mission, so needless to say, I'm pretty excited to be her companion again! :D 
    With stayin in the area, we still cover the young single adult ward, and a family ward, but they took the elders out of one of the wards, so now we cover one ward by ourselves, and the other one with elders, so its going to be interesting to see how things play out this transfer, but I can tell you already, that this is going to be super crazy!! But, its my last one, so its expected. 
  But really, I'm so excited to be with Sister Stagg again!
For some service this week we were able to help out with the special Olympics!! They're hosting it in LA, but they were doing some small field games at one of the local church buildings. So we were able to take the groups from station to station and help them them and guide them to where they needed to be, so Sister Vainuku and I were in charge of a group from Africa, and it was so much fun! They were so positive, and so cheerful! It was the best. It was also fun, they were playing music, and they played the cupid shuffle, and we were able to teach the group we were helping how to do it. It was the first time I've actually danced or called out a dance since I've been on my mission, which was kinda weird, but really fun.  Anyways, it was some of the best service I've done on my mission, it was also nice because there were a lot of people there from my first area, so I was able to say hello to some of my favorite people! It was a great day.
We're still teaching Maddie! Shes moving along in the Book of Mormon, she said she wants to finish it before school starts back up again, which means that she would finish before I go home if she finishes. So I have faith that all will work out! You wanna hear a funny story about her though? So this describes her personality, and she gave me permission to tell you this! So she has a moss ball- yes, a ball of moss.. And she keeps it as a pet and has named it Thomas S. Moss-son! Shes not even baptized and shes naming things after the prophet. It made me laugh super hard when she told me that.  I just love her.
We also had a lesson at coldstone this week! So I had colstone for the first time in 17 months! It was a beautiful day. The lesson was also really good, it was with a less active in the YSA ward, we taught it outside with our ice cream, which I love outdoor lessons, they're my favorite, something about being outside just brings the spirit.
Really that's most of the week, so we're working super hard. I'm excited for this next transfer. 
    With there only being 6 weeks left of my mission, I want y'all to know how much I love missionary work, and how thankful I am to be a missionary. I know that this is the Lords work, and that as we have faith in him, and trust in him, we will be enabled and will be able to grow. 
I've adopted a scripture for my last transfer from the Book of Mormon which basically says "Ye must press forward with a steadfast faith in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men" and the reason why I've adopted that scripture is because I know that with Christ miracles are possible, I know that having faith and hope in him brings brightness into our lives. I know that we must press forward with Christ, when we take steps to follow Christ they may be hard, they may be challenging, but as we press forward, even when, and especially when its hard, we will have brightness in our life. 
    I know that Christ is with us always, and I know that he loves us. I know that this is the work of the Lord, and nothing will stop this work from moving forth.
As for the funny moment of the week, I don't remember the really funny things, so how about I just tell you an awkward experience? So we were teaching people how to dance at the special Olympics right? Well, next thing I know, they're playing a Hawaiian type song, and a guy just put my hand in the guy next to his and asked me to dance with him. So, I ended up dancing with him because I would've felt rude if I said no.. Maybe it was bad, I'm  not sure, we were pretty far apart but it was still super duper awkward. I'm going to be super awkward when I get home. I hope y'all know that!
And on that awkward note, I love y'all!!! Thank you for all the love and support y'all send me. Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment