Sunday, August 9, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hey there everyone! So once again, we're short on time. But this week was crazy. We were on exchanges almost the entire week, if exchanges have taught me anything, they've taught me that I'm thankful for my companion and for my area!
So since we emailed on Tuesday, I'll just start where I left off.
So Wednesday we were on exchanges, I went to the Victoria ward here in Rancho, and I was with a sister from Finland! It was way cool, she tried teaching me a little bit of Finnish, I learned Hei Kaikki! I think that means "Hey y'all"... Or at least that's what its supposed to mean. But That day was pretty eventful! I can finally say that I've been attacked  by a dog!!! Well... Not really, but its the closest I've come, once upon a time we were talking to a man from Jordan, and I commented on how I liked how fluffy his dog was, and he asked me if I wanted to pet her, so of course I said yes, so I have my hand out so she can sniff me like you're supposed to, and next thing I know the dog snarled at me and snipped at my wrist. It was great. I  just laugh because the dog was so cute and so fluffy that this had to be the first dog that bit me on my mission. #I'marealmissionarynow 
  We were also just out talking to people and a drunk man invited us over to talk with him. It was interesting, he started talking about how corrupt California is. #goodtimes 
Then I just ended up getting hit on by a random guy. But I did try fish tacos! They were alright, I probably wouldn't order them again, but now I can say I've tried them!
Thursday we were on exchanges again, this one I stayed in our area, and the sister that I was with Sister served in Lawrenceville! So I knew exactly who her sister was, and we were able to talk about that. It was lots of fun, this sister has only been out for about 4 weeks, and its amazing to me to see how prepared these missionaries are, and how strong they are. I look up to these new missionaries!  But the exchange was great, we went to institute that night and it was all about marriage. #awkwardmissionaryproblems but that morning we were able to teach a girl named Lidia, shes a less active and holy poo nuggets. I am so blessed with the family I have, and with so many things. Shes had a ROUGH life, but when we were teaching, the spirit was SO strong, I'm thankful for that experience in being able to feel to spirit, and being able to make such great connections.
Friday I was actually with my companion! Yay! We actually moved apartments on Friday, so we were packing and moving, but we were able to do service with Cyber seniors! So we were able to teach more elderly people about computers.
Then Saturday we were on exchanges again, this one was with a sister that I've served with her entire mission, so for the past 6 months. And its amazing being able to see such growth in her! And being able to experience the joy of missionary work. It was one of those days where not a single person answers the door, but one of those days where you know you're doing everything in your power to help the people around you.
Sunday we were in church all day, but I learned at church that no matter how many sacrifices you make, Christ has already done the ultimate sacrifice.
Which leads me to this. That Christ lives. Today I read a scripture that touched my heart, its in the Book of Mormon, in Moroni chapter 9, verse 25. And the scripture says: My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
   The background of the scripture is that this is a letter written by a man named Mormon, and he was talking about how much wickedness is going on in the world around him, and how hes loosing his strength and will pass on soon. But I know that like this scripture says, that Christ may lift us up. Not to let our trials weigh us down, but to let Christ rise us up. He was risen on the cross, so he may lift us up through our trials.  And I  know that he will lift us up, that  as we are faithful, and as we trust in God, we may be lifted up, because Christ will lift us.
As for the funny moment of the week, it was great. Once upon a time we moved into our new apartment, and we didn't have any boxes, so we packed our dishes in a trash can, and I didn't feel like washing the dishes by hand, so I just popped them all into the dish washer in our new place. Well, we didn't have any dishwasher soap, so I figured regular dish soap would work... Well... I put them in and started the dish washer and left for about 8 minutes to go take care of some other things.. Well, next thing I know I see bubbles ALL over the floor! It was just like in the movies where soap and bubbles seep through the dishwasher. All I could do was laugh. It was hilarious. As of right now, the dishwasher still has bubbles in it. Thankfully no more on the floor, just in the dishwasher. 
#nowourfloorisclean
Well y'all, I'm thankful for all the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me. I know that he is aware of each of us, and has perfect timing. I love y'all! 
Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment