Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 13, 2015

Goodness gracious this week was crazy! Three exchanges, one two weeker, and just the regular day to day life of being a missionary. Things are super busy. 
   I'm pretty sure this week was just one long day with a few naps when the sun went down. 
But I saw miracles and learned a few things this week! 
So for starters, do you remember Tia? Our investigator from Georgia? Well, we haven't been able to see her lately because she was super sick, shes not scheduled for baptism anymore, but we were able to see her and guess what! We're going to start teaching her sister as well! Her name is Samilya (Sa-mill-yuh) when we we met them, we were on exchanges, and the sister I was with is already a super hilarious sister, and Tia and Samilya are the funniest people ever, so all of the people combined made up to be one of the funniest lessons I've ever taught. Well, let me change that, before the lesson it was the funniest visit ever, then when we taught the lesson it was back to being serious, and the spirit was super strong. What I'm getting at was that it was a great miracle and I'm excited to teach them!! :)
As for the rest of the week, we had our usual appointments, nothing too out of the ordinary, I think we're getting pretty good at teaching with three people, we all get along super well so we're able to communicate pretty well. 
    Really this week was chaotic, but I don't know how to explain it without it just sounding like a normal week, or having it make sense.
So I'll just get to the spiritual part of my email!! How does that sound? 
   Yesterday in church, someone gave a talk, on doubt and faith, which made me just think about how great it is to have faith, and to have hope, and the things that give me the most hope is Jesus Christ, and knowing that I can improve and grow. And knowing that because of him everything will be made right, that we may not know everything, but we know enough, one of my favorite quotes  says "Doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith" by President Uchtdorf, because fear and doubt are opposite of one another,  when you have faith, your fears will be dispelled, its like putting a candle in a dark room, the light that the faith brings into our lives with conquer the darkness around us, and I know that having faith my be hard sometimes, but when we have it, miracles occur, and things happen. I know that when we have faith we can overcome the obstacles of our everyday struggles,  and I know that when we have faith in Jesus Christ, we truly can overcome our fears. I know that he knows how we feel, that he knows our fears, our weaknesses, our shortcomings, all of that, and if we but believe in him, and trust in him, we will see miracles. I don't know if this made much sense, but if you get anything out of this, I want each of y'all to know that I have faith in Jesus Christ, its not perfect, it may be simple, but I believe in him, I trust him, and I love him.
As for the funny moment of the week,  so once upon a time missionaries set goals everyday. All day everyday. And every six months we have a zone baptismal goal. Well, our last six months we had the baptismal goal of 40 baptisms. We had 12, well, we were going to set a new goal because its the start of a new six months, and so in order to set a reachable goal we all came with a number for our area in what we could do, then we were going to add up the number. 
   Well, we were all talking about how excited we were to reach a new goal, and then we had a great lesson on goals and having faith, and then we added up all the numbers and its still at 40! So the funny part was just the fact that its the exact same goal that we had for the past  six months. But I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and that when we have faith, we can see miracles happen!!!
I love y'all!!! Have a great week!!!!
~Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment