Sunday, August 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Hello sunshine! I sure hope all of y'all had a great week! Ours was still crazy, but it seemed to be less stressful for whatever reason, I'm not sure why, but it was! Heavenly Father is really blessing us.

We had another MLC down the hill this week, but I don't think we'll have one next week! Which would be my first week since the beginning of the transfer that we haven't had MLC! Did I tell y'all that normally it's only supposed to be once a month? Well, that hasn't happened since I've been here.. But it's all good!! Honestly, I love MLC, I always learn so much!

Oh! I forgot! So last Monday Sister Cromwell tripped and broke her wrist. I don't think I mentioned that last week, but she did! It's only a hair line fracture, but It's amazing the things you find out you need your hand for when you can't use it.
Funny story about that though, last Sunday (the night before she tripped) I prayed to be able to serve my companion more.. And next thing I know? My companion has a broken wrist! Really I wouldn't wish it on her, or on anyone, but it gives us something to laugh about and a reason to serve her! It's been great!

This week was mostly spent trying to find more people to teach. All the people except for one person that we're teaching dropped us this week. So our teaching pool is a little bit on the smaller side right now, but it just gives us an opportunity to grow, and and opportunity to find more people to teach! So its great! :)

We also went on exchanges twice this week, for one of the exchanges I went to Victorville, and tried this pizza place that apparently has been on tv or something? I think it was called the crossed cow? Or crazy cow? I don't really remember, but it was something about a cow, but it was some delicious pizza. Legit. GOOD pizza, I was very happy!
The exchange was great though, it was with a sister that was in the MTC with me, so it's fun being able to talk about our mission and the things we're learning.

I also tried Sushi for the first time ever! And surprisingly, I didn't mind it too much! I couldn't look at it while I ate it, and it made my stomach feel a little bit tingly.. But other than that I liked it! So now I can cross sushi off of my bucket list. And cow tongue, I really like cow tongue. Really I just love food in general. But enough of that!

With one of the people we're teaching, we were talking about being a disciple of Jesus Christ, and how we can follow him, we talked about how Christ is a friend to us.
Which made me want to have this as the more spiritual part of my email this week.
    What does it mean to you to know that Christ is your friend? That even when things are rough, when they're stressful, disappointing, and just a down right struggle, that Christ is your perfect friend?   Well, to me, it gives me comfort, I'm thankful for Jesus Christ, and I know that he lives, missions are pretty difficult sometimes, but they're also so joyous! Even tough sometimes its a struggle, I go back to the knowledge that I'm not alone. I have this wall by my bed, I don't remember if I've talked about it before, but I call it my Jesus wall, and it's just filled with pictures of Christ, and whenever I have a rough day, I sit on my bed, and just stare at my wall, yes I know that sounds a wee bit weird, but as I sit, I ponder about Christ, we know he was perfect, and charitable and simply amazing, but do you ever just wonder how he filled his day? The things that weren't written down? I don't know about y'all, but I sure want to be like Christ, I'm sure his days weren't easy, but I can bet you that he made those days count, he would serve others, help others, and love others. He loved everyone. Me, you, the weird lady down the street. He loves each and everyone of us!
   So, we know that Christ loves us, and that he's our friend, but in what ways will you be a friend to Christ this week? I know that Christ lives, and that as we try to be a better friend to him, our relationship with him will be strengthened, and that as we turn to him, and rely on him, we can see the miracles from him.

As for the funny moment this week, we had a referral that we were trying to call, well we were kinda talking about what I was going to ask her about on the phone, well Sister Cromwell said to ask her if there was a time we could meet with her.. Well, I thought she said read with her.. So I call this lady who we've never met, and she doesn't answer the phone, but I leave a voice mail asking if we can read with her. Maybe it was a you had to be there moments, but it was so awkward it was hilarious. Good times!
#missionarylifeisawkwardlife

Well y'all, I sure love y'all!!! Thanks for being the best! I hope y'all have a great week!!!

Note: The pictures included are of sushi, and also route 66 :)
Love,
Sister Bond 


DSCF4874.JPGDSCF4843.JPGDSCF4849.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment