Sunday, August 9, 2015

March 30, 2015

Hey there everyone!! This week was so crazy! But it was so good!! So many miracles happening!!

Monday was pretty uneventful, we had some delicious tacos with one of my favorite families in the area! We also had a zone activity and played savage ball, its basically dodgeball but every man for himself. Anyways, when we were playing one of the Elders kicked the ball into a light in the gym and it shattered.. It was actually pretty funny.

Tuesday we had a miracle! So Sister Cromwell and I have been trying to walk more lately, so that day was a walking day, so we walked probably about 7 miles, not a lot, but enough. We walked to a potential investigators house, and guess what! We ended up teaching her the entire lesson of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ! And guess what!! Shes super solid! Her name is Monique and we're going back to see her tomorrow. Miracle? I think YES!
   Then later that night for our dinner appointment I made chicken pillows!!! And they tasted good!! A few weeks ago I told this family that we should cook sometime for them, so she took us up on the offer, so she bough all the stuff for it, and we got to cook it! I think I'm actually learning good cooking skills while I'm out here.
   Another miracle from that day was when Sister Cromwell and I both felt prompted to walk down a street, which would've been a lot longer of a walk than we wanted to go, but we felt like we should still do it, so we went and found out that there was a member that lived down that street who needed service in a few days, and ended up giving us the names of two friends for us to go and see!! #miracle #alwaysfollowthepromptingsyourecieve

Wednesday was crazy. So, Sister Cromwell had a Dr.'s appointment down the hill, but there was a sister missionary in the area that was sick, so she went with Sister Cromwell while I stayed with the sick sisters companion in their area, so basically we went on an exchange. So While I was with this Sister,  we continued to walk to their appointments, and this sisters shoes were really bothering her, well, me being the person that I am gave her my shoes to walk in. So she wore mine while I wore hers, well I learned what it was like to walk in another persons shoes because I came home with huge blisters. But I learned a lesson! That even though sometimes it hurts to serve others, its still appreciated, and you never know what kinda difference you can make! So even though I complain, I'm actually super thankful I was able to walk in her shoes.

Thursday was great! We had the miracle of finding Louise! Her husband is a member of the church, but not active. Anyways, the lesson we taught her was that God is our loving Heavenly Father and holy pooh nuggets. I love being able to feel Gods love, and being able to share that love with others. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and I'm thankful to be able to share that love with others. We have a return appointment with Louise this week, so I'm super excited.

Friday we were able to do service all day!!! We walked down the street with hula-hos and were able to work in the yard of the lady I told y'all about earlier. I got nice and red by the end of the day, but one day I hope to be tan!

Saturday was pretty great though, we were able to go down the hill as leadership in the mission to meet Elder Brent Nielsen of the 70! And goodness gracious, I feel like I learned so much from him! He talked a lot about being able to act, opposed to being acted upon. Something he said really stuck out to me was that all the creations God created were created to be acted upon, like a tree being made into a table, or bread being eaten and so forth. But when he created man, he created us to act. To use our agency and to do something.
   He also talked about the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And how often times we just think of the Atonement on being cleansed from our sins, that we forget that the Atonement is for us to be strengthened as well, its for bad people to become good, and good people to become better.
   That night we also were able to attend the General Women's broadcast! Something that I learned or that stuck out to me was that often times we receive promptings to help others and to serve them, and those promptings are because of the covenants we've made to serve others. How when we're baptized we promise to serve others and to mourn with those that mourn, or to comfort those that stand in need of comfort. And we feel prompted to serve because we've promised to serve.
How grateful I am to be able to serve.

Sunday was super uneventful, Sister Cromwell was sick so she slept all day while I studied. But that night we did play a couple of card games and I won 3 times.. Which hasn't happened in about 6 months. So I felt pretty accomplished. But it was probably just the cold medicine! Haha!
Well y'all, as we know Easter is this coming Sunday, and I want each of you to know that I know that Christ lives. I know that he died for us, and he was resurrected. I know that because he lives I can receive peace in this life and in the life to come. I know that because Christ lives, it doesn't matter how alone I feel, or how how joyous my days are, that Christ is there with me, and with each of us every step of the way. There is a new video that just came out this week that talks about it, its only a few minutes long, but it just talks about that. But I know with all of my heart that Christ is my savior and my friend. I know that because of him, and because of me reaching out to him, that he is there. I know that with all my heart! That's why I'm on my mission, this is the message that I share, is that Christ lives. That he loves us. And that love is perfect and unchanging, I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. And I know that he loves you. I know that he loves me. And I know that we can return to live with him again.
    Attached is the link to the video, I would invite each and everyone of you to watch it, and to share it. And share what you can do because Christ lives.
http://www.mormon.org/easter

As for the funny moment of the week, it happened while we were meeting with Elder Nielsen, he wrote down a bunch of numbers on the chalkboard, they were in the 80's-90's and he asked us if we knew what the numbers were, of course none of us knew, so he then started writing down names of the apostles of the church and asked again if we knew what the numbers were, when all the sudden president Hobbs yells out "its a bunch of old men!" then Elder Nielsen asked where can we find people that are normally this age and an elder yelled out "in a cemetery!" and another yelled out "familysearch.org!" It was hilarious.

Well y'all, I sure hope y'all have a great week and a happy Easter!! I love y'all!!!

Love,
Sister Bond   


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment