Sunday, August 9, 2015

July 20, 2015

Hey there everyone!!! Another week has come and gone, things are pretty much the same, always crazy busy, but this week it did end up raining! Which was very refreshing, its also pretty funny watching Californians drive in the rain. But enough of that! This week includes:
Exchanges, one of the sisters is from New Caledonia, I'm not sure of exactly how to spell it, but its and Island just about Australia, and they speak french! Really shes just super awesome and we had a great day of biking all over Rancho! The other exchange was with one of the Spanish sisters, but we stayed in our area, apparently she knows one of the sisters that served back home, so it was one of those small world moments. It was also a fun day of going out and doing missionary work! :) Really, missions are just the best, I'm super thankful for mine and all that it continues to teach me everyday. 
We were able to teach Maddie some more this week! It was also her birthday, so we heart attacked her door, and I must say, it looked great, all sorts of neon colored paper all over someones door always wishes people a happy birthday! ;) She is still progressing really well, she is the one who wants to finish the Book of Mormon before she gets baptized, and shes getting close to being halfway there, so its really exciting being able to see her excited about the gospel.
We weren't able to see Tia or Samilya,  they're the ones that are moving to Georgia.. They were busy this week, but said that they'll hopefully meet with us this week. My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping all works out!! I have faith that it will!!
It was also our last week of having Sister Crandall with us, she was our two week missionary, we dropped her off yesterday and I miss her already! She was just a joy to have around. I'm gonna miss her!
Really the rest of the week was pretty usual, lots of appointments, tracting, crazy drivers, almost getting hit by a car while biking- don't worry, I was perfectly safe. And simply seeing Heavenly Father placing people in our path to talk to, and people being willing to learn more! When we were tracting we found two young single adult age people that said we could go back and see them, and one guy that would go to the family ward, all within the same day, so it was just a day full of tender mercies. I'm thankful for my Heavenly Fathers hand in all things.
Y'all, I want to testify to each of you that I know that my Heavenly Father lives and that he knows us personally, he knows what we feel, he knows what we need. Without going into detail, I had an experience this week where I felt my Heavenly Fathers love so strongly, that there is no doubt in my mind that he knows me, and knows how to help his children. 
   I came across this scripture in my studies this week,  its John 12:35-36 and it says: 
Then Jesus said unto them, Yet little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the lightlest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.  
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.   Christ gives us light, and lights up our world, and life, and as we walk in his light, we will have a clear direction of where we want to go, like it says in that scripture that when we walk in darkness we don't know where we're going, and if we don't know where we're going, it doesn't matter how to get there. But as we walk in the light of Christ, we will have peace, comfort, solace, and more blessings then we can comprehend. As we stay near Christ, and reach out for his help, we will be able to grab his hand, and we will be able to withstand the power of the darkness.  I know that Christ is with us, helping us stand, and as we stand in his light, we will walk in the light of his love and we will receive strength and power.
Well y'all, as for the funny moment of the week was right before we came to email, so once upon a time we were at target buying our groceries and this man that was very high came up to talk to us, which you know, being missionaries we talk with everyone!So next thing I know hes hugging my companion and simply walks away.  I never know what to do when men just hug us, thankfully he didn't hug me, but its always an awkward situation. Haha!
Well y'all!!! I love y'all, thanks for all the support and everything y'all do for me. I'm thankful for your example and for all the emails.
Love y'all!!!Love,  Sister Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment