Sunday, August 9, 2015

May 11, 2015

Hey there everyone!! I can't believe it's already p-day, this week went by way too fast! It'll be interesting to see what this transfer is like since it's already flying by, normally I can tell if the transfer is going to go by fast or not from the first week, and this week was super fast, so I'm pretty sure the transfer will fly by.
Rancho Cucamonga is great! I miss the desert, but I'm excited to be here, it's a new growing experience, and I do enjoy covering both wards, plus my companion is super great, so I'm excited.
Monday night we had family home evening with the YSA ward, so basically there was a spiritual thought, then we played Mexican bingo! Sister Vainuku and I were pretty boss at it, then we ate some Mexican food. It was great! Something I'm already starting to learn is when you cover two wards, you get twice as much food, so thank goodness we have a gym in our apartment! #tendermercy
Tuesday we had our district meeting as usual, and right afterwords we had a lesson with an investigator named Rudy! The sisters have been teaching him for a while, and he's basically just waiting to have some sort of spiritual experience before he commits to baptism, so we're planning on teaching about recognizing the spirit next time we see him. He's in the YSA ward, so its a little different teaching people my age, but it's also pretty cool. 
   That night we had a relief society activity with the Highland ward, which is the family ward, I was able to meet a lot of the woman in the ward which is great! There are so many young families in this area, its crazy! But another tender mercy was when we got there, we sat down and were a little bit late, and I was looking around at all the people and I realized that there was a sister there that I recognized!!!! It was a sister from Hesperia, her daughter lives in this ward and came down to visit. I was so excited, I didn't get to say goodbye to her when I got transferred, so it was a tender mercy to see her.

Every Wednesday we go to the local community college and we have a booth where people can come up to us and ask us questions, we can go up to the students, but they can come up to us, and goodness gracious, it was so cool! Its probably one of my favorite finding activities, we were able to talk to a lot of people, and found a few people that might be interested, nothing solid, but still some potentials. 
    That night we taught a Bible class for the Highland ward, we didn't have a lot of people come, but you gotta start somewhere! Its been a while since I taught a Bible class, so I was super excited when I found out that we have one!
Thursday we had MLC, so that took up a good chunk of our day, but I learned more of the Power that comes from the Book of Mormon, and how we can find the questions to our soul from reading and pondering the Book of Mormon. A cool quote that I wrote down was from Sister Hobbs, she said "I promise that The Lord keeps his promises" Something pretty simple, but it was a short power statement that stood out to me. 
   After MLC we went to go see Marleen! So, cool story about Marleen. So she is in the YSA and has been very less active, the sisters before me have been trying to get in contact with her but nothings been able to work out. Well, this time it did, and we get there and she told us about how shes been going through a rough patch in her life, but that she was getting Zumba certified on Saturday and she was kinda nervous about that. And then I told her that I was Zumba certified and kinda my story about Zumba and we immediately Bonded! (ha, get it? Bonded? I couldn't resist!) And we were able to teach her more about Christ and his Atonement and the love he has for us. And now we're already super close with her, it was a testimony building experience that Heavenly Father places us where he needs us. I know I was sent here to come and teach Marleen, and I'm excited to find others that have been prepared!
  Then that night we went to Institute with the YSA, which was super cool! Its basically just another scripture study class, but for young single adults. Super cool!
Friday was kinda slow, we just had our weekly planning, which took most of the day, but now I feel like I can help in the area more, so it was a blessing!
Saturday we were going about our day doing missionary work when nobody is home or answering the door, when some sisters in another ward text us and tell us that there was a couple moving into an apartment and needed some help! So we got to do some unplanned service, and help this couple and her mom! It was great, they were so thankful for such a simple thing, it was great!
Then Sunday! Such a crazy day! We're in church pretty much all day! As soon as Highland gets out, the YSA starts. Plus we have a few meetings that we go to on Sundays, like ward council and ward coordination. So we're in church the entire day! But guess what! Its the best thing ever! I just learn so much, I wish church could always be this long. We're there from about 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon, so there is lots of learning going on! on Saturday we got a text saying that one of the speakers canceled, and they needed someone to fill in the spot, so they asked me to speak, so my first Sunday in the ward I got to speak in the YSA! It was pretty great! :) 
   Then after church I got to skype home! I'm super thankful for my family, and for the impact they've had in my life. It was weird to think that yesterday was my last phone call home. Time sure is flying by fast!!
Lately I've been studying more and more from the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ, it goes hand in hand with the Bible, and we use both in our learning and studying. 
   The Book of Mormon is about the people in the Americas where the Bible is the people in Jerusalem. If you'd like to know more about it, feel free to ask me any question! 
As I've been trying to have deeper studies, I've learned that The Book of Mormon truly answers any question that we have, I've seen my faith in Jesus Christ grow, and I've seen how even when things are so stressful and crazy, the Book of Mormon brings peace and comfort into my life. 
   I testify to each of you that I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it brings us in harmony with The Lords teachings. I know that as we read from the Book of Mormon it increases our faith, and our obedience. I know that The Book of Mormon builds my friendship with my Savior Jesus Christ. I love Jesus Christ, and he is truly my friend. The Book of Mormon is a tool that Heavenly Father has given us in this day in age to come closer to him, and to make the doctrine of Jesus Christ easier to understand. I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon, and for the peace it gives me. 
   One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is in the book of Heleman chapter five verse 12 where it says "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." I know that the promise written in there is true, that when we build our foundation upon Christ we cannot fall, and we will not fall. Because he is the sure foundation that we can build our life upon, and that Christ will not fall.
As for the funny moment of the week, it kinda goes along with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. 
So, Sister Vainuku and I were talking about the Book of Mormon, when she pointed out that "The Book of Mormon is like deodorant, we need to apply it daily!"
  
Well y'all, I'm so thankful for y'all and for all the support each of you give me! Keep being wonderful keep your faith up! Bright days are just around the corner! Love y'all!!!
Love, 
 Sister Bond




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment